A Second Chance at Life
For more than 30 years, the John R. Hay House has provided an alternative to incarceration and a second chance for men and women who successfully complete one of its three integrated recovery and reentry programs.
We achieve success by adhering to the following principals:
- Giving Personal Attention to the needs of each client is the foundation of our programs and our mission. Personal attention must address the needs of the “whole” client and depends upon a residential, homelike family-like setting.
- A Quality Staff gives us the ability to accomplish our mission through their individual talents, abilities and dedication. Accordingly, we provide a work environment where employees are treated fairly, adequately compensated, have personal and career growth and development opportunities, are properly equipped and trained and are provided with a safe working environment and
- A Dedicated Board of Directors committed to the mission, vision, program and basic philosophy of John R Hay House is essential for the successful completion of our mission.
- Volunteers are a necessary ingredient for accomplishing our mission Volunteers complement and support our staff. Dedicated volunteers improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the programs and help control costs.
- Client Responsibility is a key ingredient to our clients’ success. Helping clients become productive and law-abiding members of society involves teaching them a sense of responsibility. Therefore, all clients are required to pay court-ordered fines, costs, restitution and child support. Clients are required to pay room and board while in-residents as well as share responsibility for performing the necessary chores and duties to maintain their temporary home. Additionally, every client is required to perform community service work as well as obtain and maintain employment.